Sunday, March 21, 2010

En route to Toronto

Thinking of you, Colin as I travel the Via train!

I feel a refreshing new age luxury and privilege as write my Blogspot and listen to Enya and Itunes classics on the train! And I disturb noone! A sweet young woman is sitting reading beside me. I am in my own world as I glance over to the very red and beautiful setting sun on my right hand side.

It is a bleak day outside with an overcast sky. Thin skeleton trees stand stark against the darkening sky. Clumpy bushes and occasional ponds higgleypiggedly lineour route.

I left Ottawa Bonnie and Fred Cappiccino at the Ottawa train station at 5 pm today and am now heading for Rosemary and Matthew in Toronto. I look forward to seeing my sister and sharing our nightcap before retiring.

Yes, my journeying and adventuring has begun! there is no turning back!! I am leaving Ottawa and travelling west now, first stop today in Toronto, second stop, Wednesday, in Vancouver and my final destination of course is in Kathmandu, Nepal!

I remember travelling by train from Mission to UBC (2 1/2 hours each way) ...
I remember travelling by train from Tomakomai to Muroran, Kita Horoshima and Sappora ...

So many memories ...

I wonder if this will save and publish ...
on the Via train to Toronto.
peace, Dyane

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! This is awesome I feel like I am coming along right beside you. Keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete