Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Child Haven International ~ wanna help?

Please contribute too! to
CHILDHAVEN INTERNATIONAL
REGISTERED CHARITY
BN #: 118851922RR0001

About a year ago I told my sister Rosemary that, high up on my bucket list, was my desire to volunteer in India. She told me a little about Child Haven International and the extraordinary work of Bonnie and Fred Cappuccino in India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Tibet. I was intrigued. Being retired and doing some part time ESL teaching in Alberta I was looking for some deeper meaning in my life. I searched the web for Child Haven International ~ www.childhaven.ca ~ I was captivated!

Child Haven International was founded in 1985. Inspired and motivated by the ideals and philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi, Child Haven has five orphanages or homes in India, one in Nepal, one in Bangladesh and one in Tibet. Each home accepts children who are disabled, parentless, destitute, or from socially disadvantaged living situations. The staff at Child Haven assists children and women who are in need of food, education, health care, shelter and clothing, emotional and moral support.

This was it! This was the opportunity that I was looking for!
I have just returned from a two day (March 19-March 20) Child Haven Orientation session in Maxwell, Ontario. Bonnie and Fred have taken me on board! I will be sharing my energies and skills with Nepalese children and women in the Khatmandu orphanage starting May 1 this year. I will be in this home for three months, until the end of July.

How exciting is that?! I am currently preparing for a life altering experience. I can hardly wait to start!

Meantime, please join me in supporting the valuable work of Bonnie, Fred and the Child Haven staff. I want you to know that every penny donated goes directly to Child Haven International and I am responsible for my travel and living expenses when affiliated with this cause.

Please make your cheque, payable to Childhaven International and give/ mail to my sister, Rosemary, and she will direct all proceeds to the Child Haven International office in Ottawa.

Child Haven will issue you an official tax receipt.

Rosemary Wood
390 Cummer Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M2M 2G2
Telephone: (416) 223-8258
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment