Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Visit to an animal conservation farm in jungle, January 7




Visit to a butterfly farm and animal rehabilitation centre in the Amazon








Its 7:18 a.m and the rain is coming down vertically outside my St. Pedro cabin, dropping and streaming in fine lines from the thin palm straw leaves of the roof.  No drops yet on my table or floor but I have everything in plastic bags on the other bed.  Packed wallet, passport, camera, mosquito cream, rain jacket and pants for the day trip Craig and I will be taking after breakfast.  Guido has not woken us up yet but I think this is another manana world. Craig arrived bewildered from New York yesterday, his girl friend’s grandmother died and she had to go home so he decided to, like me, go to the Amazon.  Guido met him at airport, it was pouring rain and ‘taxi river and he  had to almost float over to the port and then Craig was left on the boat with another guy.   He was not happy that there was noone in the Lodge, except me and I kept low profile until 7 dinner time when I had advocado, mango and fruit juice and of course tea, now herbal!  I spent my day after the trio left for their Shaman 5 day workout, in the Lodge area, Spanish, sun, fast and sleepy, short walk to the village down the way).  At dinner Craig and I decided to go on the jungle trip together (they need a minimum of 2 people to m make it worthwhile.  It will be an interesting and very wet experience and we will learn about it later.  I look forward to seeing coloured birds and exotic things, finding out about the sounds outside …  am up and ready.  The mosquitos are having fun times with me!

Mood
Dreams of losing thing or things and again not being part of whatever was going on.  They say dreams are pointers!  Think of what I am made off, remind self to be easy, understanding and kind to above all self.  The day, or after the day of juice, fruit fasting I believe I feel healthier.  My sore throat and head are gone tbtG.  I pray and dig deep to be of service, to be happy, to be kind and compassionate.  Think I should go to the main lodge in case breakfast is being served….

4:23 pm.  Back at the home front!  Craig and I went with Jino and a boatman bringing us to the Butterfly sanctuary (interesting) and we saw not only bufferflies but monkeys, parrots, birds, sloths, a tiger (sad).  Then on to a village with some people from a tribe with no tops and gave  us the special treatment: face paint, necklaces dancing with the ladies and then also the men, each of us holding a stick going around in a circle and then  stopping to pound it on the ground.  They could be there because the tide is up.  I bought a hanging and a bracelet. from the natives.  Then out to the centre of the Amazon river for lunch and then to Iquitos to do internet as Craig needed to change his air ticket.  Sitting driniking tea.

















No comments:

Post a Comment