Sunday, June 20, 2010

Teaching in Nepal


Around 4:30 today I finished teaching six action and learning packed classes in the June heat of Aari Bari, Nepal. After this yet again rewarding experience in the Green Tara School, and on my return to the Volunteers' Cottage in Child Haven, I heard a strong lazy yet somehow meaningful moooh! and walked past a cow; undeterred she returned to her grazing. Two women and a man, dressed Tibetan style gave me friendly smiles as they passed by. As I walked across the field I listened in a suprised afternoon bliss to the sweet and energetic young voices of young children singing. Now, I have many papers to correct. There is definite tension amongst the teachers at the school, as exams are coming up. It is satisfying and rewarding to discuss the various ways and means to assist every child here at the Green Tara School.

I am in the right place.

Arran, I have not heard from you recntly. I wonder how you are enjoying Montreal.

love, Dyane

No comments:

Post a Comment