Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Routine at Child Haven, Kathmandu

It is very hot here and exhausting and sweaty after 6 back to back
classes twice a week! I have chosen to move from the Director's big
house across the road to the volunteer's suite in the orphanage and am
enjoying setting it up the way I like it, organizing the kitchen and
living space down stairs. I will use the "volunteers cottage" for
small group classes, like the Didis, or female caregivers and the staff and some slow learners needing some
extra help. Also will have "open house" a couple of times a week for
grade 10s and others who are about to leave the home to be
independent, a very scarey thing for these folk, after years of
(really well organized and happy) life at Child Haven now they have to
think and do totally for themselves. Acturally CH help them with
their living expenses until they are able
to fend for themselves.

Hugs from all of us here at Childhaven, Kathmandu!

Dyane

2 comments:

  1. Hello my Friend: Am enjoying reading about your experiences. Part of me is envious about what appears to be an uncomplicated way of life, and that is probably very niave - the other part makes me look at what I am afraid of letting go of. Sounds like your days are full and fulfilling. Time is marching by - do you have plans to get back here anytime soon. You are in my thoughts.
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen, how lovely to hear from you. Yesch, I will be back in Vancouver on August 4th... to sell or not to sell??? Arran saving madly to buy for himself .... I am rather overdrawn ... but what the hey, life is so amazingly different and rewarding. Hope you and Sue and significant others are going realy well. hugs, d

    ReplyDelete