Saturday, May 8, 2010

Strike over for now

You may know that the strike is over, temporarily anyway, and what a relief that is, as you can imagine! I came to Child Haven home this morning to see the young and older children in their respective smart school uniform taking off happily for the beautiful brick Green Tara School across the field. I have been giving computer and library skills classes for grade 10s there. My girlfriend Gislene, who has been stuck in Ktmndu all this time (6 - 7 days) can now visit me. Arjun has kindly invited her to stay with me. She will come on Tuesday and will spend Wednesday here at the complex, watching and participating and on Thursday, my day off, we will both go to the city!!

This is short. I am preparing for my first english class for all the Didis, or care givers. They want to learn english! Carol, who is a nurse, has a doctor friend visiting from Canada and they are going to have a health clinic here today.

I must find out how to add photos to this blog. Maybe one of the student computer whizzes will be able to assist me.

The weather has improved, is warmer and clearer. Nice. It has been rather dull these past few days. The main thing is the sense of freedom now that the strike is lifted for now.

hugs to all, Dyane

No comments:

Post a Comment