Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kathmandu again

Hello! late at night and Gislene (sp?) and I have just arrived in Kathmandu after 15 HOURS of busride from Lumbini, birthplace of Buddah! The bus had to pull in to three garages along the way. Then there were huge lineups of buses filled with people,jeeps, etc. all blowing their various horns. Preparation for May 1st Maoist activities I presume. We were in Lumbini for 2 nights wandering around temples built to cebebrate Lord Buddah and world peace. Yesterday, being my birthday, and thank you for your good wishes, we spent cycling around the area and Gislene brought me out for dinner and gave me a lovely golden buddah charm. So I am here in Kathmandu to extend my tourist visa (only paid for one month and have to pay for 3 more) and sign up with the Canadian embassy ... then, next week I will be off to Childhaven to volunteer for the three months. Please look again at their website childhaven.ca and if you would like to donate to this so worthwhile cause please do so. You could send your contribution c/o sister R. Wood, 390 Cummer, Toronto, Ontario M2M 2G2 Canada. She is collecting on my behalf. Thank you! my next blog will probably be about my first impressions and experiences at Childhaven.

I am feeling very fulfilled and very well at this point! Having trekked the Annapurna circuit, and all that that entails, meeting wonderful folks, having a great traveling partner, Gislene, spending time with a real Nepalese family and the teaching in the college and school were times I will never forget. The warmth and generousity of these people is amazing these days. Neither the Paneru family or the college principal would accept money from me .... I am wearing two bangles and a necklace from Chandra Paneru and when I look at them I think of her beauty and warmth....

It is impossible to write properly on blogs, I have decided. But better this than nothing.

Hugs to you, Dyane

No comments:

Post a Comment