Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wow!  here I go!  or, plutot, je suis arrivée! after our  five day cycle and wine tasting stint with Canadian friends along the Loire Valley.  Here I am in an endroit called Pradinas in the mid Pyrenees with Ghislaine who climbed with me to the top of Throng La in the Himalayas in 2010!  Ghislaine and her  husband Régis are giving me a restful, tasty and interesting week in this most beautiful countryside in S of France.  They live in a lovely old farm mill house beside a river with lots of green and verdant pasture for miles around:  Various members of this well known, respected and ancienne family live close by in different nooks and crannies on same property.  Hard to decide which petite maison is the most idyllic!  the birdsong is continuous and  Ghislaine and Regis place has a pool built by Regis beside a big rock.  There are two friendly goats here and a dog that I am in love with.  When I first arrived the family and village community zere hosting a gathering of the TOUAEG, folks from Nigeria (Touareg), Mali, Maroc (Berbère) and Algeria (Kabile).  When this was over Ghislaine and I walked and driven to various local chateaux, cathedrals and quaint places.  Now we are off again!  A plus tard!! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful lucky you! My dog passed yesterday. Give the dog you are with a hug for me. Look forward to catching up when you get back.

    ReplyDelete