Sunday, August 22, 2010

Vancouver ~ home againhttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_f0Fzd3nano0/THIGY2IeTFI/AAAAAAAAAFU/-e6lep0MO74/s1600/P1060322.JPG



















Since my last entry I have been through the two airports at Hong Kong (what fantastic views of small islands from the air) and Seoul, Korea (I got caught up in some exotic cultural activity in the airport). I landed down in Vancouver on August 1st and into the arms of my smiling son Arran holding a lovely bunch of flowers. Home we went to Grace, our cat, who is bright eyed, skinny and very content with life.

Spent the first week catching up, sorting things, culling files and looking at small condos with the intention to buy one for myself. I went over to Vancouver Island for a few days to look at places in Parksville, Qualicum Beach and Nanaimo, I stayed with a good friend in Parksville. Geri and her sister were so welcoming. It was tempting! I took a side trip to Ucleulet and Tofino on the west of the island.

I enjoyed the break away on Vancouver Island as I continued to adjust to the counter culture shock that I have been experiencing. I went out on a boat with a few folks and we saw five whales, lots of sea lions, birds and a bear scrounging through rocks for mollusks. Lovely day.

Thanks to the assistance of my tried and true realtor (he sold my place) I found and have bought a nice condo in North Burnaby and will be moving in on October 1st. I have a balcony! There is a pool, rec. room, sauna and hot tub! Older place. I am pleased and excited about this move.

I will return to Alberta to teach in Banff for three months. Then I will return to my new home in North Burnaby and visit Arran in his new place, wherever that will be.

I have begun to sort through my hundreds of photos and memories and will continue to write, and reflect on this blog. Feel free to make comments or share your stories with me here or write to me at dyane.lynch@gmail.com

Its good to be home!

Hugs, Dyane

Arran has an offer on a larger condo in Vancouver. Things are beginning to take on a new look for me!

2 comments:

  1. not sure what you can do - I expect you have tried deleting it. Other than that really I have no clue. Great photos though. I must say my blog does strange things every now and again and I can't fix it with out scraping the lot and starting again. or put up with the imperfection! Cheers

    ReplyDelete